Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

kids catch toy made from old coke zero bottle

Recently my parents and one of my brothers visited me here in Tanzania and at the site.  I wanted to do something special with the pre-school as part of their visit so I had a plan to make catch toys from old coke zero bottles that Lynda from my church told me how to make.  The basic idea was to make one for each kid and tell them to practice with them counting how many times in a row they catch it so they inadvertently practice their counting.

Here is a couple of videos of the kids playing with them and then I will walk you through making them.




I tried making them from diet pepsi bottles as well but the shape of the coke zero bottle makes it easier to define the cut you need to make.

You will need the following to make one. 

empty plastic coke zero bottle with cap
a foot of yarn (yarn works better than string but both will work)
one hole punch
pair of small scissors
a foot of electrical tape or if you want to decorate it some the small duct tape rolls in color designs.
retractable blade utility knife

Step one:  remove the cap and set it aside.  remove label and discard.
Step two:  cut the bottle in two at the top line of where the label had been.

Step three:  take the top part you cut off and put it on the bottom with the screw top down and use tape to attach to the main bottle body.

Step four:  use one hole punch and punch hole in side of bottle

Step five:  use scissors and punch hole in top of cap.

Step six.  attach cap and bottle with string.

No comments:

Post a Comment