Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

A good week for Crochet in Tanzania

My main blog www.steveandbarnabas.blogspot.com talked about this being a good week in Tanzania and I wanted to share how that translated into the crochet work being done.

First was the great news that as Rev. Makali was going around to set up Training classes for local pastors, he found out that news of our crochet classes at the medical clinic had spread to other areas and they were interested in having classes at the same villages as the Training classes.

Then a couple of the ladies who had gone through the classes shared some of their work:


The one of the young ladies tried to describe a cap she wanted to make.  the best I could figure out was that she wanted to make a beret type hat.  Having never done a beret and not having internet in the village I decided to just try and make one using some of the scrap yarn sent by my church in the US.  I think it actually worked out well and was the entire ball of scrap yarn.


That week I also got to make my first Frisbee from the nylon string sent by my church and a newborn hat in a dog theme.


So it was a fun week of crochet in Tanzania.

No comments:

Post a Comment