Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Door Handle Pocket

This idea originated from an article in Crochet World Magazine (August 2013-volume 36 number 4 page 27).  Their version was made for a standard door knob and had several pockets plus they used a stiffer nylon cord.    I have a door lever and only needed one pocket.


So I started with the security ring from a Coke Zero bottle cap and Kenyan 4 Ply Yarn and an F size needle.  I single crochet around the ring.  Normally it takes 32 single crochets to cover the ring.  



After the single crochet round I close the round with a slip stitch into the first single crochet then I chain 3 and do a round of double crochet.  After that round I close the round with a slip stitch in the first double crochet of the round and then chain 3.  Then double crochet in the first 9 stitches past the chain of 3 then chain 3.  The next row I do one double crochet in the 2nd stitch and then two double crochets into the next stitch and continue that patter across the row.  Next row I again do 1 double crochet in a stitch followed by 2 double crochets in the next stitch.  You should have 23 stitches in a row now.  



The next row I start with the chain 3 and double crochet in the second stitch and in the next 2 stithes.  Then do a half double crochet in the next 4 stitches, followed by single crochet in the next 7 stitches followed by half double crochet in the next 4 stitches and double crochet in the last 4 stitches.  This row should make it straight across instead of curved.
I do 24 rows of double crochets with no increases or decreases.  
Then I fold up the bottom 10 rows and work a double crochet through both hole in the front of the fold and the back of the fold.  I work that to the bottom and close off.  Start another line and double crochet in both holes of the front and back fold on the other side starting at the top and working down.

No comments:

Post a Comment